The first topic is Media & Our Walk with GOD.
One area of my life that needs to be worked on is my dependency on God. While the media (TV, Internet, android phone, ipad, etc...) isn't to blame for why I am not Dependent on God, is one thing that is distracting me from setting time away from the everyday tasks and talk with God.
But it's not only my walk with God that is affected, other areas of my life as well such as work & home. I find that if I am having a slow day at the office, I tend to wander to social media outlets, I go to blogs & Facebook to pass time instead of being productive & maybe finding a new project to work on. It also takes away from time with my family when I am home - but that is something I'll go more in depths to later. The same is my walk with God.
- Instead of praying and reading the word I check my emails and Google.
- Instead of asking God for direction, I look for solutions online.
- Instead of asking God for inspiration, I turn to Google.
"apart from me you can do nothing."What do I intend to do about it?
- I am going to make a point to pray & read the bible every morning before checking my emails.
- After I had aaron, I purchased the New Mom's Prayer Bible, I plan to read through it's devotionals.
- I also plan to participate more in the bible study group I belong to: Women of the Word.
Click here to see Courtney’s & other women’s posts on this topic.
Psst: Don't forget to enter this giveway!!!