Life Lessons

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
This summer has been a summer of learning and it sucks! Hehe - I was never the girl that loved going to school OK.

It seems when things go on in people's life a lot seems to go on all at once. This summer has been a whole lot of that! The most amazing thing was meeting my son (still feels weird to say that), even though nothing went as planned with the delivery, it was awesome finally seeing his little face.

Thru having him I learned that there are things you just have to learn on your own. I was just so unprepared for how unsure I would feel about EVERYTHING when it came to parenthood. I would ask myself daily "why didn't anyone tell me this!"

I also learned that sometimes people disappear when the babies come, which sucked. I was warned about that but I think that cut me more deep because of how emotional I was after the delivery, and that is another thing I wish someone told me about! hehe. How anyone can be susceptible to post-partum depression, it does not discriminate.

I also learned that as soon as you think you have figured something out BAM, disaster strikes. I guess it's just a way to keep life interesting. Also, a way to learn what you are really made of.

The worst thing of all that has happened to me though is my camera! it has broken and thus I am heartbroken! I have not been able to take daily pictures of the lil man I am obsessed with and it makes me cry! I had plans to make a book of his first year (which I am sure he'll hate one day) and not having a camera right now is ruining that! (ok, temper tantrum over).

Anyway, I did a search for camera's for clumsy people and came up with the fuji film -finepix:


But I also want a semi-pro camera because I know taking pics of the handsome man in my header is now part of my everyday life! So if a photographer happens to be reading this post, please share with me your recommendations for an affordable semi-pro to pro digital SLR camera that is easy for beginners and allow room for growth. Thank you!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup, I think that's one of the funnest things about kiddos....they teach you to be humble and expect change (it's the only constant). Now following you from MBC!! You can find me at http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com

Pink Media Studio said...

Hi, saw you were new on mommyblogs, wanted to come over and say hello!
Noel

Amy said...

Hey I saw you on MBC! Welcome! I am now following your blog and hope you can come on over to www.ohsosavvymom.blogspot.com and follow me as well! I saw that you were just starting cloth diapering and I think you may be interested in my posts on cloth diapering. I have two more posts currently in the works on cloth diapers so stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Love the picture! Your baby is adorable! I am your newest follower from MBC. Stop by when you get a break sometime.

Vickie
http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

Crinthia said...

hi nice blog you got here :D I would definitely agree with you as a first time mom. There are definitely things I wish I had known or had learned before I had my little girl. It's a bumpy ride but it always gets better :D btw this is an expensive cam that I have been looking at

Canon EOS Rebel T1i
And then The Kodak z18 seems to also take great video and photos as well.

btw I am from MBC and I am your new follower.

Veronica Lee said...

Cute baby!!
Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

J. At Your Service said...

Very nice post! I too am in the transition from a regular digital camera and the one I found that seems to be pretty good for the beginner photographer (which I'm not even close but I just want a better one) is the Canon Rebel XS or XSI. I hoping to get it in a month a or so! Good luck on your search! Following from MBC. Hope you will follow back!
ww.jatyourservice.blogspot.com

This Mama Knows said...

New follower from MBC, come visit me www.frugalonthecheap.blogspot.com

The Cake-at-Home Mom said...

Hi Anna,

Thanks for visiting my new site! I look forward to reading your blog!

-Leilani

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design