My girlfriend Diana emailed me a link to these great marriage tips and asked me if they were true, and yeah they are but come on, add a baby and real life to the mix, sometimes you just need some REAL tips! Here are mine:
1. If you feel like yelling & cussing him out, do it! It’s better to get it all out and move on then hold in it and have a grudge later. I know yelling isn't always best but hey that's how I deal!
2. Don’t compete. It’s easy to get caught up in, "I did the dishes 3 times this week" or "I stay up with the baby more than you", try not to do that, it will just cause an unnecessary fight.
3. Be real & be you 100% of the time. It isn’t about pleasing people all the time anymore, you need to be happy first!
4. The husband needs to learn how to cook & make a couple meals occasionally. I love when my hubby treats me to a homemade breakfast! Same goes for cleaning.
5. Chocolate. I like chocolate. Get us Chocolate!
We have only been married 2.5 years and have a 6 month old so I am sure I will be adding to this list, but this is what has helped us so far.
Got any tips that have helped you? Share!!!! I’ll compile & re-post.